UP NMMS Result 2019: NMMS stands for national means cum merit scholarship 2019 announced for Uttar Pradesh. In this article, we are going to tell about UP NMMS result 2019, merit list pdf file.
This is a centrally sponsored scheme implemented by the Department of School Education And Literacy which lies under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The main motto of this scholarship is to enlighten the students, help in their higher studies, financial aid and to support the meritorious students of the weaker sections of the society.
UP NMMS Scholarship 2019
A scholarship amount of 12000/- is given early to the selected students. Successful candidates who got selected in the NMMS exam will be awarded the scholarship. All students who are studied in class 8 from any government body or local body school from the state of Uttar Pradesh were eligible for the scholarship scheme. This scholarship is strictly applicable to the students of Uttar Pradesh.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UTTAR PRADESH NMMS 2019
- The student who wishes to apply for the NMMS scholarship must be meritorious, and a regular attending student.
- The candidate must be a student of class 8 or with a score of at least 55 percent or equivalent grades.
- He or she must be a student of any government organization or local body of Uttar Pradesh.
- For the scholarship amount to continue the student must get a score of 60 percent or equivalent grades in their class 10th boards.
- For the scholarship amount to continue even after class 12th, the student must clear class 11 in the first attempt with a percent of 55, or equivalent grades. For students belonging from SC or ST category will get a relaxation of 5 percent.
- The students who are already enrolled in schools like KVS, SAINIK, NVS, and private schools are not applicable to the scholarship program.
- The annual family income of the candidates should not exceed INR 1.5 lacs.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR UP NMMS SCHOLARSHIP 2019
Step by step instruction for the application process is given below;
- In the first step, applicants need to register on the National Scholarship Portal (NCP) by filling up all the correct information.
- All types of educational information like school enrolment number, registration number, domicile details, bank details, Aadhaar card number, etc must be updated carefully.
- State domicile is a very important and a must-have a document for enrolling in the scholarship program.
- After filling all the necessary details, the application ID of the candidate is generated. This application ID will be further used as a Login id.
- After filling the application form, carefully update the contact details and scanned images as required.
- Once, the filling is done, click on the submit option.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR THE NMMS SCHOLARSHIP UTTAR PRADESH
Because it is a central government initiated scheme the exam is conducted by each state or union territory for their respective students .the syllabus and guidelines for the exam on the NCERT textbooks. The test is divided into two parts one is the mental ability test the other one is the scholastic aptitude test. The maximum time duration for the selection test to be conducted in 3 hours i.e. 90 minutes.
(children with special abilities will get extra time for completing )
MENTAL ABILITY TEST (MAT)
Mental ability test basically involves topics which can challenge the students in different ways. Topics such as numerical series, analogy, hidden figures, pattern perception, classification, etc.
SCHOLASTIC APTITUDE TEST (SAT)
This test consists of 90 multiple choice questions, and this set includes all the subjects like social science, science, maths, history, geography, English, etc according to the syllabus of class 7 and 8. (NCERT books)
UTTAR PRADESH NMMS RESULT 2019
After the student has appeared for the examination, each state will declare their own merit list .the students who have qualified more than 40 percent in both the MAT and SAT papers are considered for the listing.
There is a relaxation for this percent for the reserved classes.
The students must have scored at least 55 percent in their final exams of class 8. Again, there will be a relaxation of 5 percent for the reserved categories .the candidate must satisfy all the eligibility requirements as per given by the NMMS scholarships Uttar Pradesh.
The Uttar Pradesh NMMS exam was conducted on the 3rd of November 2019 by the Uttar Pradesh Directorate of Teacher Education and SCERT.
Detail information about the scholarship for the students who get selected under this scholarship
- All shortlisted candidates of the NMMS scholarship scheme will be awarded 1000/- rupees per month or 12000/- rupees per year.
- This amount is completely based on their academic performance and continuance in the institute falling under the eligibility criteria.
- Students in their diploma courses will not be awarded this sum of money.
- For the continuation of the scholarship class 10th must be cleared with 60 percent or equivalent marks, and class 11th in first attempt 55 percent or equivalent grades. (as mentioned earlier in this article).
- Scholarship awarded (proposal) student list will be given to the respective headmasters of the concerned candidate’s school or institution.
- All schools need to submit the bank details of the selected candidates through the national scholarship portal every year, after properly examining the eligibility of the student for the continuation of the scholarship.
- From the student’s side for the renewal of scholarship, he or he has to submit the continuation certificate of the last annual examination by the 30th of May every year. If such is not done their names will be exempted from the scholarship list.
UTTAR PRADESH NMMS 2019 EXPECTED CUT OFF MARKS
According to the scholarship scheme all general category students need to score at least 75 marks combined in both the papers including SAT and MAT, and for the students to get shortlisted they must score between 140 to 150 marks. For the reserved category, they need to score 58marks in both the papers, again to get shortlisted they need to score between 95 to 105 marks.
EXPECTED RESULT DATE IS – SECOND WEEK OF JANUARY
CONDUCTING AUTHORITY – SCERT UTTAR PRADESH
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
- For the reserved classes like SC/ST/OBC caste certificate is required which is issued by the concerned tehsildar.
- For the physically challenged students, disability certificate must be submitted by the district medical board
- Income proof certificate of the candidate’s family is required
- Domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh is required.
- Children of Annapurna / Antyodaya / Ration card family can produce the supporting document and they are not required to submit any income proof certificate.
STEPS FOR DOWNLOADING UTTAR PRADESH NMMS RESULT 2019?
The answer key for the scholarship selection test will be most probably released in the second week of January 2020.
- Firstly, students need to visit the official website and select the news and announcement section.
- Secondly, the candidate needs to log in by filling the required fields of roll number and date of birth etc.
- After filling all details press the submit button, and you will get your result.
- A print out of this letter will be helpful for further use.
If you have any question related to UP NMMS result 2019, then comment below and we will reply to it asap.