TIFR GS result 2020: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) conducts exams all over India in different Centre for admission to its MSc. Integrated MSc. PhD. (I-PhD), and Ph.D. Graduate Programmes on 8th of December and now all the candidates who participated in that exam are eagerly waiting for their result and now officials going to declare the TIFR GS result in last week of January 2020.
In this page you will get all the information regarding your TIFR result/merit/cut off/institutions/and fee of the course/important links.
TIFR GS result 2020
|Date of Exam||8th of December 2019|
|Mode of Exam||Online test (except Science Education)|
|Result date||Last week of January 2020|
|Interview for Shortlisted candidates||Last week of Feb. to first week of April 2020|
|Conducting Board||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Name of Exam||Graduate School Admission Entrance test|
|Selection Procedure||Entrance Test and Interview|
TIFR GS Online Test Admission Procedure:
The admission procedure in all subjects consists of an online test (except Science Education). The online test will be held on Sunday December 8 2019 in some cities of India. After that successfully shortlisted candidates will be called for Interview which will be conducted from last week of Feb 2020 to first week of April 2020 students will be e-mailed for their interview.
TIFR GS Additional mode of Admission
GATE score based admission in Systems Science (including Communication and applied Probability):
- Engineering students who’s having exceptional performance in GATE examination 208-2020 in Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mathematics may also apply for Ph.D. program without appearing in TIFR Entrance Test. and link for the same will available in the official website on 5th of February 2020.
- Last date for applying for it will be to weeks after the GATE 2020 result will be available.
- But if in case any student also took part in the Systems science TIFR Entrance test and also submits a GATE score based application than the one of the best performance will be considered.
- Admission through the nationwide examination in December some of the admission in Physics, Biology and chemistry which are based on GATE/NET/JEST score in the relevant subjects, and Ecology and Evolution GATE score are also Possible. You will get all information regarding this on the website of TIFR-Mumbai, NCRA-Pune, NCBS-Bengaluru, ICTS-Bengaluru and TIFR-Hyderabad.
Also Read: Kendriya Vidhalaya Admission 2020
- For Ph.D. and I-Ph.D. programmes, the academic session will start from August 1st every year. And the academic session for M.Sc. programmes begins from July 1st every year.
- Ph.D. Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 31,000/- enhanced to Rs. 35,000/- after registration.
- I-Ph.D. in this student receives a monthly fellowship of Rs. 21,000/- for the first year. At the end of the first year, on satisfactory performance, the fellowship will enhanced to Rs. 31,000/- (further will be raise to Rs 35,000/- after registration for Ph.D.)
- M.Sc. (biology) in this student receives a monthly fellowship of Rs. 16,000/- (+HRA as applicable)
- M.Sc. (wildlife biology and conservation) in this students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs. 12,000/- (fixed)
- Accommodation will be provided to Ph.D. and I-PhD. Students only, at nominal charges.
TIFR GS Cut Off marks 2020:
Officially cut off marks or minimum number to qualify the TIFR GS exam is not notified by the authority in their notification but we can expect that it’s not going to be easy for the candidates to clear that because your competition are nation top class students. So you must give your best on the exam day. Once officials release the cut off list we will notify it in our page. Cut off marks based on some of the factor like number of students appeared for particular programme and for the college and number of seats availability in that institution.
TIFR GS merit list 2020:
Officials will release the merit list of entrance test on or after the result day. In this list we will get to know that who topped the entrance exam. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of performance students showed on the exam day. Once merit list released by the officials we will notify you.
List of Participating Institutions:
- ACTREC: Advanced treatment, Research and Education in Cancer, Mumbai
- Ashoka University
- Bose Institute, Kolkata
- CCMB: Centre for DNA Fingerprints and Diagnostics, Hyderabad
- IISER: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research IISER-K, Kolkata
- IISER-TVM, Thiruvananthapuram
- IISER-T, Tirupati
- I MSc: Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
- InStem: Institute for Setem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicines, Bengaluru
- MSLS: Manipal School of Life Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- NBRC: National Brain Research Centre, Manesar
- NCCS: National Centre for Cell Science, Pune
- NIBMG: National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani
- NII: National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneshwar
- RCB: Reginal Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad
- SINP: Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
- TIFR: Tata institute of Fundamental Research
- DBS-TIFR: Department of Biological Sciences, Mumbai
- ICTS-TIFR: International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bengaluru
- TIFR-H: TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad
How to check TIFR GS result 2020
All candidates who had appeared for the online test for TIFR GS can see their result in official website and by simple click on the link given below:
- First all candidates need to go to the official website whose link is univ.tifr.res.in
- Than all students need to log on to their account by entering their User ID and password which they got while registering online application
- Student login: https://cdn3.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/2140/63245/login.html
- After log in you can easily find link for “TIFR GS exam result”
- After click on that link enter the require details and submit.
- Now result will be appear on your screen, once result downloaded must check all the details.
- After announcements of the result students shortlisted for interview will be informed via e-mail by the authority.
Subjects and Programmes:
Mathematics: Ph.D. And Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes
- School of mathematics, TIFR Mumbai
- Centre for applicable mathematics (CAM), Bengaluru
- International Centre for theoretical Science (ICTS) Bengaluru (only Ph.D. program)
Physics: Ph.D. and integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes
- Department of astronomy and astrophysics
- Department of condensed matter Physics and materials Science
- Department of high energy physics
- Department of Nuclear and atomic Physics
- Department of Theoretical Physics (all above at TIFR Mumbai campus
- National Centre for Radio astrophysics (NCRA) Pune
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Science Hyderabad
- International Centre for theoretical sciences
Chemistry: Ph.D. and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programs
- Department of chemical Sciences TIFR Mumbai
- TIFR Centre for interdisciplinary Sciences Hyderabad
Biology: Ph.D. integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. and MSc. Programmes
- Department of biological sciences TIFR Mumbai
- National Centre for Biological Sciences Bengaluru
- TIFR Centre for interdisciplinary Sciences TCIS Hyderabad
Computer and System Sciences (including communication and applied Probability): Ph.D. Programme only
- School of technology and computer Science (STCS), TIFR Mumbai
Science education: Ph.D. programme
- Homi bhabha Centre for science Education Mumbai
Typical Course duration:
- Ph.D. Programme: 5years
- Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. programme: 6 years
- M.Sc. Programme: see details in respective programme in official website.
Some Most frequently asked question:
TIFR GS 2020 Entrance Exam result will be announced by officials in last week of January 2020.
When result will be declared officially you can check your result from official website http://univ.tifr.res.in
After declaration of result if you are shortlisted than you will be informed via e-mail for interview.