KVS Admission 2020 @ kvsonlineadmission.in: The application for Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2020 will start from the First week of March 2020. All the students and their parents/ guardians who are waiting for the KVS admission forms can avail the same from the official website of the conducting authority i.e. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS). For KVS application forms for each class will be released on separate dates. Interested students are therefore advised to stay in touch with the official website for all the latest updates on KV online admission.
Update: Delay in KVS admission 2020 due to change in guidelines. so we suggest all the parents keep visiting our website for latest information.
KVS Admission 2020
Here in this post, readers are going to get information related to Kendriya Vidyalaya Admissions for the academic session 2020-2021. Students aspiring to get admission into the Kendriya Vidyalaya can read this post to get complete information on the KVS admission criteria, KVS eligibility details, application form, KVS online important dates, reservation rule, entrance test, selection list, important documents, etc.
|Article type||Kendriya Vidyalaya Application Form 2020|
|Conducting Authority||Kendriya Vidhalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Type of Organisation||Autonomous|
|School name||Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV)|
|Total Kendriya Vidyalaya||1228|
|Affiliation of the schools||CBSE|
|Mode of KVS application procedure||Online (Class I) and Offline|
|Basis for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission||Direct/ Admission test/Lateral entry/ Transfer|
|KV Admission date||February 2020|
|Classes||Class I to IX|
|Area covered||PAN India|
|KVS Official Website||kvsangathan.nic.in|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Portal||kvsonlineadmission.in|
KVS Application form Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through all the instructions related to the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Check the class-wise eligibility criteria given below-
- Admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas are open to all. The wards of self-employed persons, persons in private jobs and those from the floating population are also eligible to apply for admission. However, admission in these schools will be granted as per the number of vacancies and in order of priority as specified in the admission guidelines of the KVS.
- Priorities in admission will be given to the KVs under Civil/Defence Sectors i.e. the wards of transferable and non-transferable Central Govt. employees, of ex-servicemen, Foreign National Officials, employees in Autonomous Bodies /PSUs/Institute of Higher Learning under the Govt. of India, employees of State Govt.
- There is a separate eligibility criterion for each class (For more details, candidates should wait for the release of official admission guidelines for 2020).
- If there will be vacancies, the students of ICSE/NIOS/State Boards will also be considered for admission in XI class.
KVS Admission Age Criteria-
|Class||Minimum age (as on 31st March 2020)||Maximum age (as on 31st March 2020)|
|I||5 years||7 years|
|II||6 years||8 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
- In case of differently abled children, the maximum age can be relaxed by 2 years.
- There is no age restriction for Class XI provided the candidate is seeking admission in the year of passing Class 10th exam. Similarly, there is no age restriction for admission to class XII provided there should not be any break in study after passing class XI.
KVS Admission Date 2020
|Issue of KVS advertisement||Last week of February 2019|
|Online Kendriya Vidyalaya registration for Class I||Available soon|
|Last date for class I registration||Available soon|
|Publication of selection list for class I||Available soon|
|KVS Admission under RTE Provision for Class I||Available soon|
|KVS Registration for Class II onwards (except Class XII)||Available soon|
|Publication of selection list for class II||Available soon|
|KVS Registration for class XI||Available soon|
|Publication of admission list for class XI||Available soon|
|Last date of Class XI admission||Available soon|
The official schedule will be provided soon
KVS Registration Form 2020
- The publicity of the admission procedure will be done through an advertisement by the Regional Office in the local newspapers probably in the last week of February 2020.
- Application forms will be made available offline for all the classes except class I. For admission to class I applications can be filled through the admission portal or the mobile application.
- Applicants must read all the instructions and guidelines related to the admission carefully before filling the KVS application form.
- Applicants must be ready with the following details before filling the application-
- A valid email address
- A valid mobile number
- A passport-sized photograph (for offline applications) and a digital or scanned photographs of the child in the prescribed format (for online application).
- Scanned date of birth certificate in the specified format (JPEG or PDF file of size at most 256KB),
- Transfer details of the child’s parent/grandparent whose service details will be used in the application form.
- Certificate in case of a child from the economically weak section,
How to fill KVS Online application form?
Application forms for KVS admission can be filled in online as well as offline mode. For class I application forms will be issued online whereas for the rest of the class application forms can be collected from the principals of the KVs where students are seeking admission.
For offline application (class II to Class IX), children or their parents have to visit the concerned school and collect the physical application form. They have to fill the form completely with all the correct details and submit it within the stipulated dates.
For class, I admissions, application forms will be issued online in the month of February. Parents can fill and submit the online application by following the simple procedure shared below-
- Step I- Applicants have to visit the admission portal of KVS for class I i.e. https://kvsonlineadmission.in/.
- Step II- Click on “Instructions” and read all the instructions and guidelines carefully before proceeding.
- Step III- Now, click on the “Registration/ Sign Up” tab.
- Step V- Fill all the basic details, mobile no., email, and other information in the provided space.
- Step VI- Click on the verify button and login code will appear. Keep the login code safe for further logins.
- Step V- Login with the login code to fill the application form. Enter the login code, Date of birth and mobile number. Click on the “Login” button to open the application form.
- Step VI- Application form will appear.
- Step VII- Fill all the basic details, Parent details, choose the respective schools and click on “Save Application”. An “Application Submission Code” will be generated.
- Step VIII- Upload the scanned documents in the requisite format and click on the “Save Application” button.
- Step IX- Now, read the declaration and accept the same by clicking on check-boxes. Before the final submission scrutinizes all the details filled in the application form. Click on the “Submit Button” for the final submission. After the submission of the application an “Application Submission Code” will be generated and this will indicate the application form details will be made available to KVS and also to the schools you have applied.
- Step X- Lastly take a printout of the filled-in application form for further references.
Note- After the final submission no correction will be possible. If the candidate has submitted the application form with the wrong information, then they cancel the already submitted application. By doing this the submitted application form will not be considered for application. Candidates can also re-apply for admission after canceling the application by using the same login code.
KVS Admission Application fee
Candidates can avail the application forms from the Principal of the concerned KV free of cost. No application fee will be charged from any candidate for submission of application form for online or offline form.
How to check Kendriya Vidyalaya Application Status?
The parents/guardians of class I wards can also check the application status from the admission portal. In order to check the application status, they have to follow the instructions given below-
- Open the admission portal.
- Click on “Check application status link” link given on the homepage.
- Enter the login code, date of birth, mobile no. and captcha code. Click on the login button.
- Application status will appear.
- Check the status details.
KVS Admission Criteria
Admission criteria in KVs are different for all the classes. In this section, readers are going to get information about the method of admission in each class in Kendriya Vidyalayas across the country. Have a look-
KV Admission in Class I
Admission in Class I is made in two phases. No admission test will be conducted for class I admissions. In phase 1 admission is offered as per the RTE provision (25% of seats). In this phase, seats are filled by the system of Draw of Lots (Lottery System) from the applicants from the reserved categories residing near the school. In phase II, the remaining seats are filled through as per the priority criteria issued by the KVS.
KVs Admission in Class II to VIII
Admissions to class II to VIII will also be done on the basis of priority criteria system. No admission test will be held. In case, applications will be more than the number of seats available, then the lottery system will be followed in each category of the applicants.
KV Admission in Class IX
For admission to class IX, KVS will conduct a selection test and on the basis of merit of the candidates in each category of priority admission will be granted. Seats will be filed only as per the order of merit. The details of the admission test are as follows-
- Subjects in which test will be conducted- Hindi, English, Science, Mathematics and Social Science.
- There will be only one paper which will include questions from each aforesaid subject.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours and the total number of questions will be 100.
- Questions from each section will be of 20 marks.
- The qualifying marks for candidates will be 33% marks (25% in case of SC/ST/PH candidates) in aggregate.
KVS Admission in Class XI
The admission process in Class XI will start immediately after the declaration of class X result. Admission to class XI will be done on the basis of the aggregate marks of the students in the class X examination. For each stream, the eligibility requirement will not be the same. Check the complete details shared below-
- Science Stream- For admission in the Science stream, students must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate of all subjects in class X.
- Commerce Stream- Students should have scored a minimum of 55% Marks in aggregate in all the subjects.
- Humanities Stream- Students should have passed the Class X exam.
If seats remain vacant even after the admission of KV students and neighboring KVs, then admission to Non- KV students will be granted on the basis of the aforementioned criteria as per the priority system.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Test Centre
The admission test for admission to class IX will be conducted at the respective KVs on the scheduled dates. The date, time, schedule and other details related to KVS admissions will be provided to candidates by the concerned school authority. Students should make sure that they report the designated KV on time on the day of exam.
Display of KVS Selection/Admission List 2020-21
After the scrutiny of applications, draw of lot and conduct of admission test (class IX), the admission committee of KVs will prepare the selection list and admission list as per the sequence of priority.
The selection list/ admission list will be made available on the official websites of the concerned KVs and on the mobile app (for class I). The admission list will also be displayed on the notice boards of the respective KVs. For any query related to the result, candidates can contact the respective KV where they have applied for admission.
KVS Reservation Rule
Check the category-wise reservation rule applied for KVS fresh admissions given below-
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Important Documents
For admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas, candidates are required to submit all the necessary documents at the time of admission. The list of all the important details is provided as under-
- Birth Certificate (Age proof) for Class-I.
- For Grandchildren of Members of Parliament (MPs) and PSU employees, a proof of relationship.
- Proof of Residence
- Transfer Certificate (TC) for Classes IX to XI.
- For Grandchildren of KVS employees (serving or retired) a Proof of relationship.
- Category certificate issued by the competent authority (in case of student belonging to SC/ST/EWS/OBC/BPL category)
- Certificate of disability/handicapped (if required)
- Retirement certificate for uniformed defense employees.
- A service certificate showing the no. of transfers.
- Other relevant documents as required
- The KV admission process will start in the last week of January 2020.
- Candidates should fill only the correct information in the application form.
- Application forms will be submitted in offline mode except for class I.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidates are advised not to submit multiple applications for the same school. In the case of multiple applications, all the applications will be considered void and rejected.
No, applications for all the classes will be invited separately.
The advertisement related to KVS admission process will be published in the local newspapers by the regional office of the KVs across the country. Along with this admission advertisement will also be made available on KVS portal. You can also visit the concerned KV on regular basis for information related to admissions.
Applications forms for Class I can be filled only through the admission portal and mobile application whereas for remaining classes forms can be availed from the Principals of the concerned KVs free of cost.
You can apply for a maximum of 3 KVs in an application.
You can cancel the already submitted application and re-apply with the same login code.
All the applications will be considered null and void and hence will not be considered.
The admission test will be conducted at the KV in which you have applied for admission.
Candidates are advised to stay in contact with the official website of KVS, and also this page for all the updates related to KVS admission for the year 2020.