JAC 8th Result 2020: JAC is going to release the result for Class 8th shortly. Earlier, the JAC council has conducted the exam in Jan 2020 and now the council is about to release the result. All the students who appeared in the Class 8th exam will be waiting eagerly for the results. The article covers the updates on JAC 8th Result 2020, result download procedure, result details, passing criteria, grading, divisions, revaluation process, compartment exams, and improvement exams. Students are advised to visit the page on a regular basis for the latest results updates.
JAC 8th Result 2020
Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi JAC has released the notification through released no: 78/2019 for conducting board exam for class 8th. The first shift of the examination was conducted in the proposed exam centre on 20-01-2019 from 11 am to 2 pm. The result of the Class 8th board exam will be released soon. Visit the page frequently for latest result updates.
note: die to COVID-19 pandemic there may be a delay in the result of JAC 8th class exam and other on going exam are postponed till further notice arrives
JAC 8th Class Exam Overview
|Organization||Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi|
|Exam type||Class 8th Board Exam|
|Exam Start Date||24-01-2020|
|Result Status||To be declared shortly|
JAC Class 8th Result 2020
JAC Class 8th Board Exam Result Download Procedure
Step 1: Visit the official site of JAC at www.jac.jharkhand.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on Results tab as shown in the picture above.
Step 3: Click on the link of JAC EXAM RESULTS-2020 link.
Step 4: After clicking on the link you will be redirected to the results page. Click on the exam link for which you wish to see the results.
Step 5: enter the ROLL CODE and ROLL NUMBER in the box and click on submit.
Step 6: view and save the result for future reference.
JAC Exam Result Sample
Details Mentioned on the JAC Exam Results
- Exam type
- Exam Session
- Roll code
- Roll no
- Student Name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- School Name
- Subject Code
- Theory marks
- Practical/Ass/cee marks
- Marks obtained
- Marks percentage
JAC Grading System in Results
Following is the grading system adopted by the JAC which is to be mentioned in the results.
|Marks (in %)||Grade||Remark|
|80 & above||A+||Excellent|
|60 to 80||A||Very Good|
|45 to 60||B||Good|
|33 to 45||C||Average|
Division and Distinction in JAC 8th Exam Results
After the declaration of the JAC results the council will arrange the Division and Distinction in the following way:
- Those candidates obtaining at least 60% of total marks in the in the board exam will be awarded 1st division.
- Those candidates who obtained more than 45% of total marks in the examination will be awarded 2nd division.
- The Candidates scoring less than 45% of total marks will be counted in the category of 3rd division.
- Those candidates who scored more than 75% marks in a particular subject will be considered to pass with distinction in that subject.
Note: if a student who has obtained than more than average of 75% marks overall but got failed in one subject by not more than 7% marks, then according to the council rules that student can be declared pass by adding the deficient marks in that subject and deducting marks from the average marks.
Passing Criteria in JAC Exam Results
Following are the points that decide the condition for a candidate to pass in the exam:
- The minimum passing marks in each theory subject is 33%( for Intermediate). If in case a subject has both theory and practical exam then the candidate has to score a minimum of 33% marks in theory and practical exam and the average of both theory and practical exam be should be 33% or above to pass. If a theory subject is of 70 marks than passing marks will be 23 and in the practical subject of 30 marks, the passing marks will be 10.
- The passing marks in each theory subject are 30% in the case of Secondary examination. If in case a subject has both theory and practical exam then the candidate has to score a minimum of 30 marks in theory and practical exam combined and the average of both theory and practical exam be should be 30% or above to pass. If a theory subject is of 75 marks than passing marks will be 22 and in the practical subject of 25 marks, the passing marks will be 8.
- In the exam of Sanskrit, the passing marks are 30% of total marks in all the papers except in Paper I, II and III which the candidate has to score an average of 90 marks in the three papers.
Revaluation in JAC Exam Results
The council of JAC has the authority to evaluate the exam results after it is published. If any student who is not satisfied with his result or finds some sought of discrepancy in his/her result then he/she can apply for the Revaluation procedure.
The revaluation process will be put down or considered under the following conditions:
- If the student was exempted from the exam for using unfair means.
- If any kind of fault or aberration is found in the result.
- If the candidate was not eligible to appear in the exam.
- If the council finds that the result published was biased with any error, malpractice, careless conduct, then it has the right to evaluate the result.
- If a student believes that his score is not up the mark and not beyond his expectation, he can go for scrutiny of the answer sheet by paying the fee for it within a month of publication of the result and after that, his application will not be considered.
- If in the answer sheet it is found that any question is not checked or left or marks are not given, the revaluation will be done.
Compartment Exam after JAC Exam Results
Those candidates who got failed in the annual examination in multiple subjects (up to three subjects only) can appear for the Compartment exam in their respective subjects in which they got failed in the same year. And if the students get passed in the compartment exam of their concerned subjects and classed, they will be considered passed but the council will not provide any distinction nor any division.
Key Points related to the Compartment Exam:
- Those students who will not appear in the compartment exam will not be given any chance more and hence will be considered as failed for that academic year. Thus, they have to appear again in the next regular annual exam.
- Then the syllabus for the compartment exam will be the same as that was in the regular exam.
- There will be no separate compartment exam for the practical exam. The candidates have to appear in practical exams only.
- If any Student who got failed in a practical exam but is passed in a theory exam, then he/she has to appear again for both theory and practical exam.
Note: If a candidate got fail in theory exam but he is passed in the practical exam, then his marks in the practical exam will be conserved till he clear his theory exam of respective subject.
JAC 8th Class Improvement Exam 2020
Those candidates who passed the annual exam with fewer marks can improve their overall score by appearing in the Improvement Exam but these improvement exams take place in the succeeding year and will be considered in the non–regular or Private Student category. The candidates can also apply for the regular students’ category if their concerned school grants permission to them for the same. Also, the students giving the improvement exam for their concerned subjects will only be issued the statement of the description of marks and not the whole mark sheet as provided after the regular exam.
For procedure regarding Revaluation, Compartment exam and Improvement exam students can put forward their queries on JAC helpline no: 18003456523 (timings 10.30 am to 5 pm)
The result will be declared shortly. Kindly visit the page frequently for the latest updates.
You can find it at www.jacresults.com or jac.jharkhand.gov.in.
Minimum 30% marks in secondary and 33% marks in intermediate.
Students should not fail in more than three subjects
Viewers having any queries, suggestion or discrepancies related to the JAC 8th Result 2020 can freely pen down in the box mentioned below.