HBTU University Admission 2020-2021: Harcourt Butler University going to start there admission process for the session 2020-2021. Students who are interested for HBTU Admission 2020 for Bachelor, masters and Ph.D. Programmes and are eligible for the same can apply online from the official website of the University.
In this article, we have given you HBTU Admission 2020 Application Form Procedure detailed structure of eligibility and admission process to the courses offered by the HBTU University for academic session 2020-2021.
HBTU University Admission 2020-2021
Academic calendar (ODD SEMESTER) 2020-2021
|Odd Semester 2020-2021||Activity|
|July last week 2020||Online Registration for all registered B.Tech/ M.Tech/ MCA/ Ph.D. students|
|July Last week 2020||Reporting and Registration of First Year B.Tech and MCA students.|
|July Last week 2020||Orientation Programme|
|July Last week 2020||Reporting and registration of First year M.Tech (full time and Part time Students)|
|July Last week 2020||Commencement of first year B.Tech and MCA classes|
|July Last week 2020||reporting and registration of first year Ph.D. students|
|Frist week of august 2020||Commencement of first year M.Tech (full time and part time) and Ph.D. classes|
|Even semester 2020-2021||Activity|
|First week of January 2021||Online registration for all B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA/P.hD. students.|
Official website: https://hbtu.ac.in
HBTU University Admission 2020-2021: B.Tech
- The University offers Full time B.Tech Degree programs in various disciplines of Engineering and Technology.
- Admission to B.Tech programs shall be made as per the rules prescribed by the University from time to time.
- All candidates would have passed their 12th standard from UP board or any other board with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks (55% marks for the SC/ST candidates) in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidates would have studied five subjects in his qualifying examination.
- Direct admission to Second year through lateral Entry: candidates of UP domicile who had passed 3 or 4 year diploma program with a minimum 60% marks without grace from institutions which is recognized from UP board.
- Admission under this category shall be made through a national level entrance examination which is conducted by the University.
- Candidates of UP domicile who have passed their B.Sc. in physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks without grace in aggregate from a recognized University shall also be eligible for admission in B.Tech Second Year subject to availability of seats.
Duration of Programme:
- Duration of programme for all B.Tech programs shall be four years (eight Semester)
- Duration for diploma holder candidates admitted through lateral entry in second year shall be of 3 academic years (six semesters)
- Each semester shall have a minimum of 90 working days (including the days if examination)
|Course||Sanctioned Intake||EWS Seats||Fee Waiver||Total Available|
|Computer Science & Engineering||60||14||3||77|
|Information & technology||30||8||1||39|
|Chemical Technology (biochemical Engineering)||30||8||1||39|
|Chemical Technology (leather Technology)||20||4||1||39|
|Chemical Technology (Food Technology)||30||8||1||39|
|Chemical Technology (Oil Technology)||30||8||1||39|
|Chemical Technology (Paint Technology)||30||8||1||39|
|Chemical Technology (Plastic technology)||30||8||1||39|
HBTU University Admission 2020-2021: Masters Admission
MCA (Master of Computer Application)
- Under Post graduates Courses University offers full time of Computer Application (MCA) Degree programs.
- If any candidate wanted admission from other university to HBTU, Kanpur on migration shall not be permitted.
- University offer full time MCA Degree Program.
- Admission to MCA shall be made through a reputed Entrance Examination which is conducted by the National Level Examination Body.
- The reservation policy in MCA program will be governed by U.P State Government or as prescribed by the University from time to time.
- Admission on migration of a candidate from any other university to HBTU is not permitted.
- A candidates shall be eligible in MCA if he/she possess Bachelor degree under 10+2+3 or 4 years pattern of education in mathematics/Statistics/Engineering/Technology or
- Bachelor in computer application (BCA) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST)
- Admission will be made on the basis of merit of NIMCET
- Direct admission to second year through lateral entry for the candidates who have passed 3 years diploma in BCA with a minimum 60% marks without grace from any recognized university of India and should have domicile of UP.
- The duration program for MCA shall be three years (six semesters) and for lateral entry two academic years (four semesters)
- Each semester will have 90 working days
HBTU University Admission 2020-2021: M.Tech:
- University also offers program M.Tech (Full time) Programmes in various disciplines of Engineering and Technology.
Eligibility for M.Tech:
- Students who have passed their Bachelor degree in relevant discipline of Engineering/Technology or equivalent with first division
- Preference will be given to the candidate with valid GATE score.no written test shall be conducted for the GATE qualified candidates
- In the absence of valid GATE score students admission will be granted to the non-GATE score candidates on the basis of written test carried out by the University.
- Admission to M.Tech programs will be made as per the rules prescribed by the university from time to time.
- If any candidate from other University wanted admission to HBTU in M.Tech on migration shall not be permitted.
- Duration for M.Tech program for full time students shall be two academic years (four semesters).
- Part time M.Tech program duration is three academic years (six semesters)
|Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering||18|
|Computer Aided Design||Mechanical Engineering||18|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||Civil Engineering||18|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics Engineering||18|
|Chemical Technology-Bio-Chemical Engineering||Bio-Chemical Engineering||12|
|Chemical Technology-Food Technology||Food Technology||11|
|Chemical Technology-Oil Technology||Oil Technology||11|
M.Tech (Part Time) Programmes
|Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering||10|
|Structural Engineering||Civil Engineering||10|
|Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering||Civil Engineering||10|
|Mechanical Engineering Design||Mechanical Engineering||10|
|Industrial System Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||10|
|Power Electronics and Control||Electrical Engineering||10|
HBTU University Admission 2020-2021: Ph.D. Programme:
- Admissions to Ph.D. program shall be made through an Entrance Examination which is conducted by the University
- Entrance exam comprises of written test and an Interview
- Candidate securing a minimum of 50% marks in written examination will qualify for interview
- Students who have qualified UGC-NET/JRF in their relevant disciplines with eligibility for fellowship will be exempted from the written test.
Duration of Program
- Full time Ph.D. program shall be of minimum 3 years and a maximum of 6 years
- Part time/ Sponsored PhD program shall be of minimum 4 years and maximum of 6 years
- A research Scholar in this category works full time to pursue his/her Ph.D. if he/she is eligible to receive Assistantship Scholarship from the University, or any other recognized funding agency according to the rules.
- In case of non-availability of financial assistance the candidate shall have to meet the expenditure of doing research work on his/her own.
- The grant of financial assistance from any source does not entitle the candidate exemption from tuition fee and other prescribed fee of the university unless such exemption is specifically granted in the assistance scheme and the fee as applicable are provided to the University by the agency extending financial support to the candidate.
- A research scholar in this category is sponsored by a recognized academic institutions, R&D organization, government, research laboratory or industry for pursuing Ph.D. in the University on full time basis.
- Such students required to submit their sponsorship certificate from their respective organization along with their GPF/ CPF contribution proof.
- The University shall not provide any assistantship/ Scholarship to such students and all the applicable University fee and expenditure for pursuing research work shall be remitted by the sponsoring organization to the University
If a candidate working at a research Centre which is recognized by the University, regular/ contractual faculty members of this University/ employees working in Govt./ Govt. aided/ Private Engineering Colleges/ Universities/ Industries/Public sector organizations shall be considered for the admission under this category if their Organization is situated within 100 km distance from HBTU Kanpur. All such candidates have to submit no-objection certificate from their employs at the time of Interview.
Quality Improved Program (QIP)
QIP provides opportunities to faculty members of the degree Engineering Institutions to improve their qualification by admitting them to Ph.D. Programmes as per the rules prescribed in the QIP scheme of MHRD, Govt. of India. Research Scholars under this scheme shall be treated as full time students.
General guidelines for admission in Ph.D. Programmes in HBTU
- Application for admission to Ph.D. Programmes at HBTU, Kanpur for the session 2020-2021 is to be made On-line only.
- Candidates are required to fill the online application form from the official website whose link is given below.
- Online application form will be available from first week of June 2020.
- There is no age limit for the candidates who wanted admission in Ph.D. Programmes at HBTU Kanpur.
- All candidates are advised must read all the guideline carefully and must check their eligibility before filling thee online application form.
- Candidates who are seeking reservation benefit required to mention the same in the online application form.
- They are not required to send any Certificate to the University at this stage.
- Original certificates are to be produced at the time of counselling along with their self-attested copies of each of them.
- Formats for different forms to be submitted at the time of reporting are available on the HBTU website.
- If the result of the qualifying examination is yet to be declared till the date of the counselling due to any reason such candidates shall not be eligible for admission under any circumstances.
- If any of the document /declaration submitted by the candidates is found false at any stage, his/her admission will be cancelled and he/she may be liable for prosecution under the law. In case of any legal dispute the jurisdiction will be limited to Kanpur courts only.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected and the sole responsibility of its consequences will be on the candidate.
- Registration fee for Ph.D. programme is Rs. 2000/- (non-refundable)
- Academic fee for Ph.D. programme is Rs. 55,000/-
- Once fee paid by the candidate after the allotment of seat will be forfeited and will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Counselling/written test/interview for Ph.D. admission will be conducted at HBTU Kanpur. For this a separate intimation will be available in the HBTU website.
- Candidates will be required to qualify in paper-I and paper-II.
- Students who secure a minimum of 50 percent marks in written Examination will qualify for the interview. Candidates with valid UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET score will be exempted from written examination. However, they are required to appear in the interview.
- All candidates are required to carry their Aadhar card as a proof of identity at the time of written Examination and Interview/ Admission.
Eligibility criteria for Ph.D. programme in HBTU Kanpur
Note: A relaxation of 5% marks in minimum qualifying eligibility criteria will be granted in case of SC/ST/OBC and Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates for M.Tech (full time) Programmes.
Online application for entrance exam for Programmes/ courses, University will release notification and their link in due course time. So must visit official website in regular interval of time or our page. Once link will be available we will update it in our page
Fee structure for different courses offered by the University:
Note: Fee structure is taken from previous year and is subject to change for this session.