AP GDS Result/Merit list 2019: Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle is all set to release the Result of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) 2019. Thousands of candidates applied for 2707 post of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) and now they all are eagerly waiting for their result and we can expect from the officials that they are going to release their GDS result in December last week 2019.
Those candidates who had applied for the same can download their result from the official website. In this article, we tell you about the AP post circle GDS expected result date,cut off and merit list.
AP GDS Result 2019
|Organization Name||India Post Andhra post circle|
|Name of post||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Total number of vacancy||2707|
|Mode of selection||Merit basis|
|Result Date||December last week (Expected) 2019|
|Job location||Andhra Pradesh|
|Online application started on||22-10-2019|
|Last date of online application||21-11-2019|
Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle has invited the application for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak in October this year. Thousands of candidates applied for the 2707 posts. Now its result is going to release soon by the end of December 2019. When the result will be released by the officials we will keep updating it on our page and provide you guys a link to get your result.
AP GDS Merit list 2019
As we all know for GDS recruitment officials didn’t conduct any written exam. So the merit list will be purely based on marks of the candidate in its high school. There will be no weightage will be given to the candidate for the higher qualification.
AP GDS Selection procedure
- Candidates will be selected for GDS post by the marks he obtained in his 10th standard of approved boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the main criteria for finalizing the selection.
- All candidates must pass all the subjects as per the norms approved board.
- Selection for the GDS post will be made as per the automatically generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidate’s online submitted application.
- No weightage will be given to the candidates having higher qualifications.
- You will get an SMS on your number that you are provisionally selected
- Department is not responsible in case any candidate didn’t get any email/SMS due to any specific reason. So the candidate must communicate physically to the recruiting authorities.
- But if any of the candidates holding an elective office will not be considered for engagement to the post.
Resolution in case of the tie
In cases where more than one candidate secures equal marks in his examination the cases will be resolved by applying the following criteria:
- Date of Birth of applicant (higher age as merit)
- ST Female
- SC Female
- OBC Female
- EWS Female
- UR Female
- ST Male
- SC Male
- OBC Male
- EWS Male
- UR Male
AP GDS Result Points to be remembered:
- If any of the persons holding an elective office will not be considered for engagement to the post
- If any candidate selected as Gramin Dak Sevak shall not engage in any activity with the outside agency which could be detrimental to the business or interest of the Post office.
- If any person had any kind of past experience or service it will not be considered as a selection.
- The Department of Posts does not make any phone calls to the candidates. So candidates are advised not to disclose their registration number and mobile number to others.
AP GDS Details mention in result
When you downloaded your result a few of the things mentioned in it which are given below:
- The division you have applied for
- Head Office name
- Sub Office name
- Branch Office name
- Post Name
- Category you belong
- No of posts
- Registration Number of the candidates
- Selected candidates with the percentage
How to download AP GDS Result/Merit list 2019?
- First of all, students had to visit the official website which is – www.appost.in
- Now hover your mouse on the button “Result” on top of the menu bar.
- Now click on the option Andhra Pradesh (2707 posts)
- After clicking it PDF file of the result will be downloaded
- Now you have to search your name or registration number in that PDF file
- For that, you have to press Ctrl+ F a search bar will pop up on your window
- Now enter your name or Registration Number in it and press search
- If you have been shortlisted then your name will appear on your screen.
- Now save the PDF file and take a print out of it for future use.
What after selection?
- Those candidates who will be shortlisted will receive an SMS on their mobile number or email on his mail ID for his provisional selection on the merit list.
- Getting SMS or email for provisional selection it doesn’t mean that candidate entitles to claim that he is selected for the post.
- After that, you will be called for the document verification process.
- Final selection will be given on the basis of verification of genuineness of his qualification documents which he produced in front of the recruiting authorities.
AP GDS Result/Merit list 2019: Knowledge of Cycling:
All candidates who had applied for the post must remember they should have knowledge of cycling because it’s a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts if any candidates having knowledge of riding a scooter or bike it may also consider as knowledge of cycle.
Security: On engagement as GDS, the candidate so engaged shall be required to furnish security in such a manner as may be prescribed from time to time. The security amount approved for GDS is ABPM and Dak Sevak is Rs. 25000/- and Rs. 10,000/-
As you can see on the website that result is under process and it can be announced soon any time, so all candidates must visit the official website or our page for more information regarding the result.
List of vacancy
Here is the list of post community wise given below:
|Community||Number of posts|
Recommended: Bihar GDS Result
AP GDS Job profile
The job profile of Dak Sevaks includes all functions like sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail and any other duties which are assigned by the postmaster/ Sub postmaster including IPPB work in the Departmental Post Offices.
However, the work performed by the Dak Sevak in IPPB will not be included in TRCA, because it is being done on the basis of an incentive.
He may also have to assist Postmaster/sub-postmaster in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post offices.
In railway mail services (RMS) GDS has to handle the work like closing/opening of the bags, transport of bags from one place to another manually and the other works allotted by the RMS.
- When I can expect the result of the AP GDS result?
Ans. GDS result tentatively is announced in December last week.
- From where could I download my AP GDS result?
Ans. From official website http://www.appost.in
- How could I check my AP GDS result?
Ans. First, visit the given website
- Click on the result select the AP (2707)
- The result will be downloaded in PDF format
- Now search your name in it.